AZ Blankets 4 Kids is an all-volunteer non-profit organization serving children in need in the Phoenix metropolitan area. Our goal is to provide comforting blankets and quilts to needy, seriously ill and traumatized children in our community.
What Kind of Blankets?
AZ Blankets 4 Kids welcomes all handmade blankets. Whether you knit, crochet, quilt, hand sew or machine sew — we welcome your donation. Blankets range in size from 18″ x 18″ for preemies at the hospital to 40″ x 60″ for older children. Fabrics should be washable and in child-friendly fabrics and colors. Your tender loving care will mean so much to a child in need.
What Happens Next?
Once we receive your donation, the blankets are sorted by size and prepared for delivery. The blankets are then distributed to our recipient agencies, who then get the blankets to the children they serve.
Blanket Recipient Agencies
It has been our pleasure and privilege to reach many children through donations of blankets to the following organizations. This is only a sampling of agencies, not a comprehensive list.
- Air Evac
- Arizona Department of Child Safety
- Arizonans For Children
- Banner Cardon Children’s Medical Center
- Banner HOSPICE
- Banner University Hospital NICU
- CAAFA (Community Alliance Against Family Abuse)
- Chandler Police Dept. – Victim Services
- Child & Family Resources
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Gilbert Fire Department
- Helen’s Hope Chest
- Hope Women’s Center
- Jose’s Closet
- Juvenile Probation Dept: HOPE Closet
- Lifewell Behavioral Wellness
- Maricopa County Medical Center
- Mesa Police Dept. – Family Advocacy Ctr.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital – East Valley
- Phoenix Indian Medical Center
- RISE Services
- Royal Family Kids Camp
- St. Peter’s Indian Mission
- Voices for CASA
There are many drop-off locations around the Phoenix metropolitan area. Visit our Drop-Off Locations page to find a convenient location for your donation.
A Great Service Project!
Help get your community involved — schools, sewing and quilting clubs and youth and senior groups are all excellent places to find potential blanket donors.
AZ Blankets 4 Kids is recognized as a tax exempt organization under IRS code section 501c(3), so your donations to us are tax deductible as provided in section 170 of the IRS code. Copies of our exemption application and letter, supporting documents and annual information return are available on written request as required by law.
Our Federal tax identification number is 86-1010572.
Our Arizona corporation number is 0968675-0.
Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
Arizona offers a tax credit for cash donation to qualified charitable organizations. A donation to AZ Blankets 4 Kids could give you a dollar for dollar reduction in your state taxes.
- The credit is available only to individuals and is reported on Form 321. On your tax form, use QCO Code 20115 to designate AZ Blankets 4 Kids as recipients of your charitable donation.
- Taxpayers filing as “married filing joint” may claim a maximum credit of $800. Taxpayers filing as “single,” “head of household” or “married filing separate” status may claim a maximum credit of $400.
- If you are required to file an AZ tax return and you owe taxes (before withholding or estimated tax payments), you can claim the credit.
- Donations may be made up to April 15th and applied to either the preceding tax year or the current year. Unused credits can be carried forward to following year(s).
- Non-cash donations (fabric, time, etc.) do not qualify.
- If you wish your donation to go to your sewing group, the donation must be made via check and note the group name on the memo line of the check.
- Checks are our preference because PayPal charges us a fee for your donation, and there is no way to designate a sewing group.
When shopping with Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and choose AZ Blankets 4 Kids as your charitable organization. Amazon will send 1/2 of 1% of your purchase to us at no extra cost to you.